iLiberty+ is a universal GUI tool to jailbreak, activate and as unlock firmwares 1.1.4 and earlier. It also has some extra functionalities.
iLiberty was first developed as a personal tool for George Zhu Archived 2008-09-04 at the Wayback Machine himself. However, it later integrated iPlus (a CLI utility developed by AViegas) and became a public tool, and its name was changed to iLiberty+.
Features of iLiberty+ include:
- Full range of iPhone hacking, including but not limited to jailbreaking, activation, unlocking, 3rd party application installation, etc.
- Fully script-driven, allow unlimited external payloads
- iPod touch support (jailbreak and application installation)
- Directly download missing payloads in GUI
- Proxy support for payloads download
- Support both Installer and Cydia
- Automatic online update
iLiberty+ is available on both Windows as well as Mac OS X (named iLibertyX). The main developers are George Zhu, AViegas, francis, and pepijin, with help from many others within the community.