The Apple M2 is the second ARM-based SoC designed by Apple Inc as a central processing unit for its line of Macintosh computers and iPad tablets.
It was first introduced at Apple's WWDC 2022 on 6 June 2022.
It's identified internally as T8112 and the part number is
- Manufacturer: TSMC
- Clock rate: 3.49 GHz (performance cores), 2.424 GHz (efficiency cores).
- Core design: Apple Avalanche x 4 and Apple Blizzard x 4
- Instruction set: ARMv8.?-A
- Performance cores
- L1: 192KB instruction, 128KB data.
- L2: 16 MB (shared)
- Efficiency cores
- L1: 128KB instruction, 64KB data.
- L2: 4 MB (shared)
- Apple-designed eight-core
- 8GB, 16GB or 24GB LPDDR4X in a unified configuration.
iPad Pro[edit source]
- MacBook Air (M2, 2022)
- MacBook Air (15-inch, M2, 2023)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, M2, 2022)
- Mac mini (M2, 2023)