XPwn is a cross-platform, command line implementation of PwnageTool, and is currently being maintained by planetbeing. XPwn currently supports Windows, OS X, and GNU/Linux.
XPwn consists of many utilities:
- dfu-util is like idevice, but does not depend on any proprietary software, using libusb Archived 2012-10-18 at the Wayback Machine instead.
- dmg allows decrypting and encrypting of the root file system
- hdutil allows image files to be edited
- hfsplus allows the root file system and the ramdisks to be edited
- idevice is a utility for Windows that guides the user into DFU Mode and then sends the exploit
- ipsw creates the patched IPSW
- itunespwn is a Windows utility that replaces a file in
%APPDATA%\Apple Computer\Device Supportallowing the exploit to be uploaded by iTunes when the device is in DFU Mode
- xpwn is a utility that allows the bootlogo + recovery logo of an IPSW to be changed
- xpwntool allows decrypting and patching of firmware files