The T8027 is the Apple-designed octa-core A12X Bionic and A12Z Bionic SoC's.
The A12X Bionic SoC was announced on 30 October 2018 when Apple announced the Fall 2018 iPad Pro, while the A12Z Bionic SoC was announced on 18 March 2020 when Apple announced the Spring 2020 iPad Pro.
Apple used a slightly modified A12Z Bionic SoC in the Apple Developer Transition Kit announced on 22 June 2020, which was designed to aid developers in the transition to Apple Silicon on the Mac.
Kernel Extensions for this CPU were first found in TigrisAni 15A783601y.
The part number for both variants is
- Manufacturer: TSMC
- Clock rate: 2.49GHz
- Core design: Apple Vortex x 4 and Apple Tempest x 4
- Instruction set: A64
- Microarchitecture: ARMv8.3-A
- L1: 128KB instruction, 128KB data.
- L2: 8MB
- A12X: Apple-designed septa-core GPU
- A12Z: Apple-designed octa-core GPU
- A12X: 4GB LPDDR4X, (6GB LPDDR4X for the 1TB iPad Pro (Fall 2018) Models.)
- A12Z: 6GB LPDDR4X, (16GB for the Apple DTK (2020).)
- Apple M12 Motion coprocessor