This is the 7th generation of iPad. It was announced at Apple's 'By Innovation Only' event on 10 September 2019 and released on 30 September 2019.
The iPad (7th generation) makes use of the Apple A10 Fusion processor.
There are two variants:
- iPad (7th generation) WiFi (iPad7,11) (A2197)
- iPad (7th generation) WiFi+Cellular (iPad7,12) (A2198 and A2200)
- Display: 10.2" (260 mm) 2160x1620 LED-backlit IPS display at 264 ppi with a 4:3 aspect ratio (Retina Display)
- Size: 9.8 inches (250.6 mm) (height) x 6.8 inches (174.1 mm) (width) x 0.29 inches (7.5 mm) (depth)
- Color: Silver, Space Gray, Gold.
- Battery: Built‐in 32.4‐watt‐hour rechargeable lithium‑polymer battery, Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music.
- Weight: Wi-Fi models 1.07 pounds (483 grams), Wi-Fi + Cellular models 1.09 pounds (493 grams)
- Storage: 32 or 128 GB.
- Intel PMB9955 LTE Baseband Chipset (iPad7,12 only)
- Wi-Fi: (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO.
- Voice Assistant: Siri
- Rear camera: 8.0 MP AF, iSight with Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR filter, video stabilization, face detection, HDR, ƒ/2.4 aperture.
- Front camera: 1.2 MP, 720p HD, ƒ/2.2 aperture (FaceTime HD Camera).
- SIM Card: Nano-SIM (supports Apple SIM), eSIM.
- Connector: Lightning Connector