This is the 8th generation of iPad. It was announced at Apple's 'Time Flies' event on 15 September 2020 and released on 18 September 2020.
The iPad (8th generation) makes use of the Apple A12 Bionic CPU.
There are two variants:
- Display: 10.2" (260 mm) 2160x1620 LED-backlit IPS display at 264 ppi with a 4:3 aspect ratio (Retina Display)
- Size: 9.8 inches (250.6 mm) (height) x 6.8 inches (174.1 mm) (width) x 0.29 inches (7.5 mm) (depth)
- Color: Silver, Space Gray, Gold.
- Battery: Built‐in 32.4‐watt‐hour rechargeable lithium‑polymer battery, Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music.
- Weight: Wi-Fi models 1.08 pounds (483 grams), Wi-Fi + Cellular models 1.09 pounds (493 grams)
- Storage: 32 or 128 GB.
- Intel PMB9955 LTE Baseband Chipset (iPad11,7 only)
- Wi-Fi: (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO.
- Voice Assistant: Siri
- Rear camera: 8.0 MP AF, iSight with Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR filter, video stabilization, face detection, HDR, ƒ/2.4 aperture.
- Front camera: 1.2 MP, 720p HD, ƒ/2.2 aperture (FaceTime HD Camera).
- SIM Card: Nano-SIM (supports Apple SIM), eSIM.
- Connector: Lightning Connector