The iPhone 15 was introduced by Apple CEO Tim Cook at Apple's 'Wonderlust' event on 12 September 2023.
It was made available for preorder on 15 September 2023 and for purchase on 22 September 2023.
It uses the board configuration D37AP and the firmware identifier is iPhone15,4.
This model of iPhone uses Apple's A16 Bionic SoC
- Size: 6.1 inches (diagonal).
- Brightness: 1000 nits max brightness (typical); 1600 nits max brightness (HDR); 2000 nits max brightness (HDR).
- Colorspace: DCI-P3
- Technology: OLED
- Resolution: 2556x1179 at 460 pixels per inch
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 2,000,000:1
Other Display Features
- Dynamic Island
- HDR Display
- True Tone
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously.
Advertised Battery Life:
- Audio playback: Up to 80 hours
- Video playback: Up to 20 hours
- Video playback (streamed): Up to 16 hours
Actual Battery Specifications:
- Fast-charge capable.
- Front: 12MP camera with an ƒ/1.9 aperture.
- Back: Triple camera system: Main, Ultra Wide, and Telephoto.
- 48MP, ƒ/1.6 aperture (Main).
- 12MP, ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view. (Ultra Wide).
- 12MP, ƒ/1.6 aperture, 2x (Telephoto)
- 2x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out; 4x optical zoom range; digital zoom up to 10x
- Face ID
- High dynamic range gyro
- High-g accelerometer
- Proximity sensor
- Dual ambient light sensors
Size and Weight
- Height: 5.81 inches (147.6 mm)
- Width: 2.82 inches (71.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.31 inch (7.80 mm)
- Weight: 6.02 ounces (171 grams)
Cellular and Wireless
- Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.3 technology
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz and mmWave) with 4x4 MIMO
- Gigabit LTE with 4x4 MIMO and LAA
- Second-generation Ultra Wideband chip
- NFC with reader mode
- Express Cards with power reserve
- USB-C (USB 2 up to 480 Mb/s)